Thursday, June 14, 2007

Really Cheap Like Daddy


















Here is a disclaimer. I am froogle. I clip coupons and buy mostly everything on sale. (IE Bought some baby products from the store that came to $35.00 but only paid $5.00 due to coupons and sales)But I will save up money to purchase something nice. But Tyler is CHEAP. He has made statements in the past that he doesn't want to buy our kids toys because they don't really play with them and he didn't get any toys growing up and he turned out just fine. For example, he had a limited amount of legos and instead of asking for more for christmas he would take the legs off of the lego men and pretend that they were small lego (leg) men.



So, lately Tyler bought a toilet off of Craig's List for $20 instead of asking our landlord for a new one. I felt really ghetto for Tyler going to somebody's house and buying their toilet. I understand we have lived in apartments and houses where the toilets were used before we rented the place, but buying a used toilet from someone seems funny. Especially when we could have asked the landlord for a new one. Lately, Lizette has only been playing with her burp cloth. She likes to put it in her mouth and coo. Even though she has plenty of baby toys to play with she prefers the burp cloth. It's like she knows that the burp cloth was really cheap! I have a feeling she is going to be cheap just like her daddy.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

That is too funny. What questions did you inquire about the toilet when you purchased it? Now that is a conversation starter. I am sorry brother is super cheap. Chloe isn't. She likes to play with electronics. Just the other day she had some fun putting her whole arm in the VCR.

Candace said...

Ashley-
Tyler said he had check under the hood before buying if you know what he means.

LeMira said...

Hahaha. I've heard of cheap, but wow! I sure hope that your toilet is worth it!

MaryAnn said...

Has Tyler said, " I'm not cheap I'm thrifty"? You need to introduce him to garage sales. Then he can be cheap, but your kids can still have the things they need. Wowzers!

Anonymous said...

I think the part about the little leg man is halarious. No wonder he has so much fun playing with the Risk pieces!

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

Candace that is hilarious! Post some pictures from the blessing day. I want to see her in her white dress since we couldn't be there.

Danica said...

You are hilarious. I love the little leg men. You crack me up.

Cristin said...

Tyler - Do not forget what I said about your old toilet. It is important you do something funny with it, i.e., blowing it up, leaving it on top of a hill, leaving it in your front yard... and I will videotape it.

Candace said...

I know I misspelled frugal. It is an inside joke between Tyler and I.