Friday, February 20, 2009

Tyler, I love you this much.....

For Tyler's birthday (and for mine birthday) this year we decided to not do presents. I wanted to do something really nice for Tyler, that he would really enjoy... SO I DECIDED TO MOW OUR YARD. We are renting a really little, but cheap house at the moment, and part of the reason that it is cheap is that we have to mow are own yard. And Tyler has been in charge of mowing the yard.

For that past couple of months Tyler has been working late at his job, and when he is not working late at his first job, he is tutoring (his second job). With Tyler so busy and it has been and a couple of weekends it has rained, he hasn't been able or feel up to mowing. This weekend is there is supposed to be great weather, and he wants to go bike riding in the mountains. So I decided that I would mow, since he probably doesn't want to do it on his birthday weekend.

I honestly can't remember the last time I mowed. When I live with my mom, the rule was that on Saturday, the women do the inside house work like vacuuming and mopping, and the men do the yard work. So I never had to mow(weed, yes but mow, no).. When I lived with my dad, it was the same thing, I bet a mowed a handful of times. When I lived with Doris, someone else always mowed. So before today it has been at least 10 years since the last time I had to mow.

I got out the lawn mower, and tried to turn it out, but of course it was out of gas. So after I got gas, it tried starting it again. I found the button that said pump three times, I guess to get the gas in the lines. Then I started pulling the string after three minutes, I remembered that I need to hold the start lever..DUH.. So after a half an hour I finally got the machine on. About an hour later, I was done. The line in the yard aren't straight, but at least it got mowed. I decided not to tell Tyler and hopefully he will notice that I mowed, (how could you not it had been several months since the last time it was mowed). I was going do the weed whacker (sp?), but I could find it or we don't have one, thank goodness - now that is one thing I don't even know how to remotely operate or start. All have to say it that I love Tyler, and he better not expect it to be a reoccurring thing.

Here is a couple of pictures of the finish product, if only I would have thought of taking before pictures.














Also I need to thank my mother and father-in-law, who are nice enough to watch Lizette while I attempted mowing.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

omg,I don't even think I could push one! impressive!:)

Katie said...

Its a good thing you didn't try the weed-whacker...those things are hard to use! I remember trying to use one as a kid, and the wire kept breaking off and whipping me in the legs...LOL OUCH! But, good job! Isn't it funny how something so simple be such an ordeal???

Shannon said...

That is a great gift! I think the yard looks great! Good job Candace :)

Erin said...

Wow... now that's love! :P I've only mowed a lawn once... and I think I was still in high school!

Cristin said...

I am still so impressed that you did this. I've never mowed a lawn and I am old.

MaryAnn said...

Good for you! That was a lot of lawn to do too.