Friday, March 27, 2009

ANIMALS

Last Friday, Lizette and I went to the Santa Barbara zoo with Luke, Baby Charlie, and Cristin. It was Lizette's last chance to go somewhere and get in for FREE - because she is still under two. Lizette loves Luke and baby Charlie, but above all she LOVES anything to do with ANIMALS. She gets so excited. She can tell you what all the animals say or do.

The Santa Barbara zoo isn't as big as the San Diego zoo, but it is perfect for a toddler. Lizette loved seeing the birds, turtles, elephants, lions, giraffes, monkeys, and the list could go on and on. The Santa Barbara zoo also has a little area for kids to run around. She loved getting inside the ceramic egg and saying, "Cheese" for the camera. She loved roaring at the lions and looking at the giraffes and trying to stretch her neck as far as it would go. She was excited to see the gorilla too. She would beat on her chest making gorilla sounds. She also loved being around Luke, and there wasn't as much fighting as I thought there was going to be. Except for those rides that you would see a lot in front of grocery stores that go up and down. They got very possessive over them. Cristin said that we should just take them to Chuck E Cheese if that is all that they want to play with.

We were also so lucky that we got to ride the train that goes around the park for FREE. Awesome, I know. Lizette loves trains. We got to see the lions and the giraffe really close up. When we saw the lion she started roaring then all the kids starting roaring, it was too funny. Over all it was great weather, we got to see all the animals we wanted, and we got to hang out with Luke and baby Charlie.

The rest of the day I kept asking Lizette about the zoo. I would ask her what animals we saw at the zoo, and she would say, "Luke".













6 comments:

Cristin said...

Thanks for posting all those pictures. I'm not sure why Luke has to stick his tongue out when he is photographed though.

Trisha said...

How fun! I love the pictures. Lizette totally reminds me of Macie at that age. The cute little piggy-tails, always wanting to help, loves to cook, etc. They grow too fast! By the way, I want the bean recipie too!

Katie said...

What a fun adventure...and good for you taking advantage of free admission!! I haven't been to the Santa Barbara zoo since I was in jr. high.

Anie said...

HOW FUN!! I can't believe that Lizette is almost TWO! Isn't her birthday on the 31st?? I know it's sometime this week. How exciting! These are all such cute pictures! Spencer and I are DYING to come to Camarillo. We've been looking at pictures and watching video from last summer and are really missing California.

The Sacolles Family said...

I love her big smile. She is so cute.

Eliese Christensen said...

Wow, she's getting so big! And I've never met her!! :(