Friday, March 30, 2007

WHAT A WEEK

We had a very exciting past week. Last Friday (March 23) Tyler finished his Exiting Exam and now has his Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering! We were both very excited that he is done with school. He is going to be starting his NEW job at AML in Camarillo on April 9th. I don't know what he will be doing. BUT, He will be a Design Engineer.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, After being a week overdue. Lizette Jadalyn Barton was finally born on March 27, 2007 at 1:09 pm. She was 7 pounds 14 ounces, 21 1/2 inches long, 14 inch head, and as cute as can be.

On my appointment on Monday March 26 at 1 pm, my doctor told me to go to the hospital at 8:00 pm to be induced. They were going to put Cytotek on my cervix to start the induction, but I was already contracting. So at midnight they started me on Pitocin. At 8:00 am, the nurse thought I was only dilated to a 4 and I was in a somepain. The doctor came in a couple of seconds later and said that I was actually dilated to a 7 (Very Exciting).

During my contractions Lizette's heart rate would drop so the doctor decided to do internal monitoring on the baby, They told me that I need to get an epidural, because it would make everything easier. At 11:45 am I was dilated to a 10 and I felt like pushing so the doctor turned off my epidural so I would "Feel when to push". What I felt was pain!! About a little over an hour and a half later the doctor said that Lizette needed to come out even though her head was having trouble fitting past my pelvic bone. So they decided to vacuum her out. AND BOY DID THAT HURT! Lizette swallowed some amniotic fluid and had to be taken away shortly after. They had to monitor Lizette for 36 hours, But now all is well. Lizette and I are doing great. We are excited to be home and adjusting to each other. We feel so blessed to have Lizette join our family!

Here are some pictures of Tyler's last day of school, Lizette after delivery, and bringing Lizette home from the hospital








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us come by to visit yesterday! Lizette is beautiful!!! Hope you are feeling better, take care and let us know if you need anything.

Katie said...

AAAHHH!!!! Look at my "niece"! She is gorgeous! Candace I am so proud of you! I can't believe you are a mommy! I am happy for you and your new family!

Cristin said...

She is so pretty. Keep posting pictures, because I will keep checking your blog!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Glad you are all doing well. ..

Kaci said...

how beautiful your baby is! congrats!!!

Danica said...

What a doll! She is gorgeous. Okay, so you said were dilated to a 7 and felt "some" pain??? :)

LeMira said...

Congratulations! I hope that you are adjusting to the whole "new baby" thing. By the way, she's adorable!