Sunday, November 25, 2007

JOHN DEERE


So I finally finished my project a couple of weeks ago. I keep forgetting to post my finished project, so here it is. Lizette's John Deere dress and Tyler's matching tie. I made a blanket for Lizette out of that fabric, and I had so much left over I decided to make a dress for Lizette. Then Tyler wanted me to make him a tie. With directions from my mother-in-law I was able to complete my project. I am happy that it is done. I think it turned out all right. I want to continue to improve my sewing skill, since Lizette can't really complain about what she wears right now she is the perfect person to sew for. So wish me luck on my quest to learn how to sew.
(While we where taking pictures, Lizette was more interested in the grass than anything else.)



17 comments:

Ditte said...

Cute dress, Candace! And I'm glad to see you put a onesie under it to make sure it was modest! :)

Anie said...

WOW- blanket, dress, tie....I am VERY impressed!! I should take sewing lessons from you! That dress is SOOOOOO cute and I LOVE the matching daddy/daughter picture. How FUN!!

MaryAnn said...

Wow I didn't know you could sew! That's awesome. What a fun project.

Unknown said...

love the matching dress/tie!

Cristin said...

I love her face in the pictures. so funny!

Valerie said...

FINALLY I get to see your creations! I love the shot of Lizette from above and everyone positive comments about how the dress looks. Really though, that is quite the accomplishment.

sptalley said...

I love the picture of Lizette and Tyler sitting in the chairs! It is so cute! I think that is one you should get framed! (You did a really nice job of the dress too) Oh, thanks for getting our ultrasound on a DVD for us! I really appreciate it
~Heather

LeMira said...

Good job -- you should start making money with your sewing skills. The dress sure is cute!

Debi Lassen said...

Way to go Candace! I like Tylers' look of pleasure and joy as he matches his little girl! You are such a cute family! We're thankful you live in our ward and close by!
Love Aunt Debi

Ashley said...

Did I ever tell you that she is sooo cute? I probably forgot to mention it.

Katie said...

Yeah you did it!! I am so impressed with her dress!! You truly have a talent, way to go. Now, one day you can tell her all about her first ever john deere dress, I am sure one of many down the road! Love ya!
Katie

Anonymous said...

I am not going to lie, I do not understand the whole John Deere obsession, but I really love the dress and the tie looks great too!

Danica said...

That's too funny. You are really good at sewing! Sheesh. Great pictures too. Lizette is such a pretty baby.

The Knappy Crew said...

Go Candace! That dress is super cute. So is Lizette. Love it!

Lindsey said...

You did a GREAT job...the dress looks adorable! (And the tie is lovely as well.)

Anie said...

HEY!! Did you see that I tagged you?? So, yes I am waiting for a new post...revealing 6 "secrets" about you. Read my post "tagged" if you haven't heard of it before. Did I tell you that Spencer, Madi and I fly in on the 27th. We want to hang out with everybody while we are there. Let's plan something!! :)

Danica said...

I saw this fabric in JoAnn's the other day and thought of you!