Thursday, December 20, 2007

THANK HEAVENS FOR SEVEN ELEVEN & FRIENDS.

About a week ago, my best friend, Katie called and we made a plan that Wednesday the 19th she would come out and we would spend the day together. I don't get to see her all that often, because she lives in Anaheim and life is busy. So I was really looking forward to seeking her. It had been awhile since we had spent the whole day together.

Just my luck, the morning of the 19th, I got really sick. I was throwing up all night. IT WAS HORRIBLE. It has been a long time since I was sick like that. And every time I threw up, I would wake up the baby and Tyler. I probably got about 2 hours of sleep. I called my Auntie Doris in the morning and she brought over a homeopathic medicine, and that stopped me from throwing up, but I still felt like I got hit with a train. Tyler went to work, he usually comes home for lunch everyday, but today he couldn't because his work was having a Christmas Party. So I was alone with my baby for the whole day. I called Katie and told her that I was sick and that she should come out to visit, because I would feel horrible if I got her sick. In true Katie fashion, she didn't listen to me. Instead, she came to my house bringing crackers, sprite, and chicken noodle soup. We put in a Pride and Prejudice (the LONG version) I took some cat naps on the couch while she watched Lizette. After feeding her dinner she went home.

It was so nice of her coming out and taking care of my baby while I rested. I feel really grateful to have such a wonderful friend, who would drive to Camarillo to take care of a sick friend. THANK YOU KATIE FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT FRIEND. I owe you one....

(I feel horrible. I should have taken pictures of you playing with Lizette, but I wasn't thinking. I could just kick myself)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Ohh, that is so sweet. Katie you are awesome.

Anonymous said...

I read the whole blog looking for the 7-11 part... did I miss it or do you mean 7-up? I wish I had a friend like Katie!

Katie said...

Thank you, thank you *takes a bow*. Ok, seriously, I was just being selfish, I just wanted to come and see you and Lizette, I wasn't going to let the fact that you were sick get in my way! :) Glad to take care of you, and it was fun playing with Lizette. I am glad that she actually liked me.