Saturday, February 21, 2009

Birthday Party




Yesterday, February 20th, we went out to celebrate Tyler's Birthday. First we went out to eat with Tyler's sister, Kelly and her husband Charlie. We went to the Mongolian BBQ, which was delicious and of course, I stuffed myself. (Thanks Kelly and Charlie for taking us out for dinner. It was fun)



After eating way too much we went to play Lazertag. COOL, I KNOW. We were meeting some more friends there. I had a bunch a coupons, buy one mission get one free. And a coupon for extra tokens, so I bought some tokens to pass the time. We mostly played a jump rope game. Kelly and I got a TON of prize tickets. So we bought little knick knacks for our kiddos. Then it was time for our mission. All thirteen of us were able to get on the same team which was AWESOME. We totally killed the other team which was filled with little kids and teeny boppers that dressed up for the occasion (Kelly asked to take a picture of me, so she could get pictures of them. She also has a really funny story, you have to go to her blog and check it out). We beat them really bad, we had over 100,000 points than they did. As we walked out they called us "Mean." You could tell that we were all married couples, because none of us were flirting with each other, we were just trying to kill the other team, unlike the teenagers. The last round Kelly got the second highest score. I am really happy that everyone came and did the Lazertag with us. I still have a lot more coupons, so the next birthday we have to do it again.






















After running around at Lazertag, we invited everyone back to our place for some homemade ice cream (that I make for Tyler every year) and brownies. It was lots of fun. I am still surprised that we could fit everyone into our little house. But Tyler and I love having people over. So it was great everyone came and helped us celebrate Tyler's birthday. THANKS AGAIN!

5 comments:

sptalley said...

I vote we go again for Spencer's birthday! I had a dream last night that I won the jackpot on the jump rope game!
~Heather

Amanda said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love that you guys do such fun things! We need to be more exciting like that!

Anie said...

What a FUN way to celebrate birthdays!!! I LOVE that pic of you pointing to your opposing teammates!! VERY sly!! :) Glad to see that you're back to blogging! And I can't tell you how excited I am for you and your EXCITING news!! YEAH!!! It better be in a post soon! :)

Cristin said...

Whoa, you updated your blog. I can't believe it. I wish I was there, it looks like a ton of fun.

Katie said...

Looks like fun! I remember going with you back in jr. high. tons of fun, but it makes a lot of sense that you get higher scores if you aren't worried about flirting with your teammates :)