Saturday, September 1, 2007

Goodnight My Sweetheart



SO I did it, or should I say We did it! Lizette slept in her own room last night. I finally decided that she could go off into her own room on Monday, but her first night alone should be on Friday, so I could have a couple of days to get ready for the change. This week I cleaned up her bedroom to get ready for the big move. And so last night was her first night alone. Even though she has been sleeping through the night for that past four months, I was just afraid of having her on the other side of the "house". The house that we are renting is only 640 square feet, the same size as most people's living rooms. The layout is really weird and her bedroom is "far" away. And sometimes she will fuss at 6:00, because she wants her pacifier, as soon as it is in her mouth she goes right back to sleep. I guess I also didn't want to walk so far to just put her pacifier back in her mouth. To make the transition better for me, Tyler hooked up the baby camera, that I got as a shower gift, so we can watch her at night to make sure she is alright. I didn't sleep as well, but it can only get better from here on out. I just need to relax.





5 comments:

Katie said...

Hooray!! She has such a cute nursery too, I am glad that she gets to use it now!

Ashley said...

That is too funny. I couldn't wait for Chloe to go in her own room, but maybe that's because I didn't have a choice until we moved. I was also happy because she wouldn't sleep through the night because she knew were right there.

Cristin said...

I love how its like "Big Brother" is watching her with that nanny cam deal. Anyway, congrats. This is a big milestone.

Valerie said...

I bet she is glad to not have to hear you guys snoring all night! Now she can finally get some rest.

Trisha said...

I was sad when Macie stopped waking up at night and I wasn't bringing her into bed with us. I know, I'm strange. I want to get a web cam with the next kid. Congrats!