Thursday, March 13, 2008

MANCALA


For one of our wedding gifts, someone gave us the game Mancala (we didn't register for it). I seriously hadn't played the game since third grade. For the first year of our marriage almost every Sunday, Tyler and I would play Mancala for hours. Tyler would be really close to winning and he would be really smug and just mutter, "Mancala, Mancala, Mancala." I would get really mad and tip over the whole game so he couldn't say he won. (Mature I know).

So on Saturday, Tyler was going through our closet and found our game box and pulled out the game Mancala. I almost forgot that we had it. We have played it almost every night since. I really forgot how much fun it is. It is a really quick game and it is only about luck. And surprisingly enough I don't get nearly as mad, or Tyler is not nearly as smug when he wins. You choose.

6 comments:

trine k said...

I've never learned how to really play that game (we always just made up rules) so maybe you'll have to put a link or write post explaining how you actually play. So, do you think your marriage can handle playing Risk now that you're handling Mancala so well? :)

sptalley said...

We played that game a lot too when we first got married...now you have me wanting to find ours!
~Heather

Ashley said...

That is really funny. I don't really care about losing except to Drew. I gloat when I win but am usually joking. 20/80

Cristin said...

Yeah, you're really mature like that. DIdn't you also eat a 5 crowns score sheet once too?

Anie said...

Yeah!! A new game to put on my "must play" list! We're always looking for fun games! Have you ever played "Ticket to Ride"?? That's one of my new favorites!!

The Knappy Crew said...

You tell Tyler to throw those old letters away. How embarrassing. I was such a retard back then....okay I still am.... I had to tell Dave the story about Tyler's nice way of introducing me to everyone. I think his dad always called me Lauren but not because he was being funny. I totally forgot about that.